Base Price: $599,000
Not just designed for the open water, but better.
A made-for-the-sea boat by people who know the sea, the DD-462 emphasizes safety, stability and comfort, while offering exceptional living space for a mid-sized ocean passagemaker.
Exceptional thought went into the interior which includes a separate galley, dining and other areas offering livability and elbowroom — comfortable enough for approximately four people.
Proudly, the Seahorse Marine Diesel Duck 46-2 won the “People’s Choice” award and the 2007 Mystic Trawlerfest.
Seaworthy, able to navigate difficult seas, this hardy boat provides the kind of security you just might be looking for as you take to the blue seas for your motorsailing occasion of pleasure and adventure. With her trademark pilothouse, steel hull and 51′ LOA profile, she displays a 48′ waterline for superb tracking and higher displacement speeds.
Add the IVECO 125 horsepower, 6 cylinder marine diesel, and you can count on dependable power to spare, as well as the additional Seahorse Marine advantage of a power-assist sail.
- LOA: 49′
- LWL: 46.76′
- Beam: 15′
- Displacement: 55,000 (dry)
- Draft: 5′ 6″
- John Deere 4045 T 135HP Standard
- Cruising Speed: 7to 8 kts
- Max Speed 9 kts
- Fuel: 1600 gals
- Water: 250 gals
- Holding: 60 gals
- High quality ship steel shot peened or sand blasted inside and out.
- Three coats of epoxy primer interior and exterior.
- Four coats on the bottom, plus bottom paint and color top coat.
- Color scheme to owner’s choice.
- Construction to China ship Classification Society (CCS) practice.
- CCS certified weld X-ray of all boats. CCS incline test.
- All doors, hatches, ports and windows to be aluminum heavy duty commercial ship quality.
- Windscreens to be 10MM toughened glass plate.
- All plywood to be WBP grade or higher.
- Standard engine John Deere 4045 T 135HP 4cylinder marine diesel with marine transmission (4 cylinder Lugger L1064A optional).
- Complete engine instrumentation including high temperature, low oil pressure alarms.
- Other engines available if desired.
- Stainless shafts to be 304 stainless or higher.
- Prop aperture and engine mounting designed to minimize vibration and noise.
- PSS Dripless shaft seal.
- Sea water strainers and ball valve sea-cocks on all inlets.
- Primary and secondary fuel filter.
- Drip pan under engine.
- Wet exhaust system with custom designed water lift muffler.
- Two quiet, large capacity engine room blowers with noise isolated vents.
- Steel fuel tanks, 1600 gallons plus, well baffled and braced.
- Stainless steel ball valves at each end of fuel lines.
- Fuel tankage built to Buehler’s designed specs and well vented with single large deck fill.
- Hull insulation, sprayed expanding foam.
- Sound insulation, two foam layers with lead center, surrounding engine room.
- Stainless balanced rudder.
- Optional 9KW Northern Lights genset
- Separate heavy duty engine and dual house batteries connected by vapor proof master switches.
- Back lighted custom made circuit breaker panel using high quality breakers.
- Shore power master breaker is GFI (RCI) type for safety.
- AC receptacles throughout.
- Indirect lighting and red safety lighting at steps.
- Visual and audio warnings for all system mal-function including high water, engine water flow, ER overheat, any pump running, ER lights left on, etc.
- Quality lighting fixtures.
- All Seahorse Marine installed wiring is multi-strand tinned copper boat cable. Wires have color or marker codes for easy tracing.
- Wire runs in conduit and all runs, except the bilge pump, are located as far above the waterline as possible.
- All wire runs including those along the shear are easily accessible.
- AC Toroidal Isolation transformer, 120/240 volt input.
- Lightning protection system.
- AC shore connector fitted starboard side. DC socket installed in pilothouse.
- Multiple zincs on hull, standard size bolted, not welded.
- International navigation lights and anchor light installed.
- Red interior night safety lighting and remote control spot light installed (Pilothouse overhead lights have red night vision lighting as well as standard white bulbs).
- Optional electronic and entertainment equipment can be planned in advance with owner so necessary wiring, grounds and cabinets can be built in.
- Signal horn and windscreen wipers with fresh water wash.
- Water tanks P&S design installed with ball-cock shut off valves and vents designed to prevent salt water contamination.
- Fresh water system uses neoprene coated metallic tubing, not plastic.
- Stainless ball type sea-cocks on all thruhulls below the waterline.
- Double all stainless clamps on all hoses below the waterline.
- Hot water heater with electric and engine heat exchanger for domestic water supply.
- High quality bath and galley fixtures.
- Electric toilets plumbed to holding tank.
- BILGE PUMPS: Triple electric plus manual bilge pumps installed to Buehler’s design.
- Head includes trouble free non-jamming electric toilet, separate shower, basin and storage.
- Head has power ventilation on timer switch.
- Towel rails is to handrail strength.
- Mirror fitted.
- Toilet walls to be GRP laid up w/ epoxy or tiles over plywood.
- Toilet flooring to be tile.
Hull Ports and Ventilation
- Built to Buehler’s design and all to be aluminum frame opening hull ports with storm covers and windows, commercial ship quality.
- Deck hatch(s) aluminum commercial ship quality, stainless handles.
- Four commercial aluminum seadoors on interior bulkheads (5 watertight compartments total).
- Pilothouse entry sliding or dogged door.
- Steel pulpits, hand rails and boarding gate(s) built to Buehler’s specs.
- Stainless steel heavy bollards and chocks for lines, not painted steel.
- Heavy dual anchor rollers at bow, 70 pound plow and 40 pound Danforth type provided.
- 24 volt Muir “Jaguar” electric windlass.
- 300′ chain rode plus 300′ 3/4″ nylon with chain section, standard
- Interior to be of teak.
- Indoor walls to be painted plywood w/ teak trim or to be teak plywood, owner’s choice.
- All interior floors to be teak and holly flooring.
- Bedroom, saloon, galley and toilet with hanging lockers, desks and storage where applicable.
- Hanging lockers and cabinets with louvered doors.
- Mattress to be 5″ thick, 4″ for seats.
- Drawers/storage under bed.
- Reading lights and/or night lights aboard wherever applicable.
- Hand rails fitted in proper locations, (stainless steel optional).
- Raised helm seating with chart table.
- Ventilation hatch over helm position.
- Raised pilothouse dinette with well supported table.
- Radar, antenna and steadying sail mast on top of pilothouse,
- Engine and gear controls in pilothouse.
- Marine circuit breakers for all boat operations and for planned electronics installation, back lighted panel.
- Teak wheel at helm, heavy duty hydraulic steering.
- Tinted side windows available on side windows on request.
- Windshield wipers on pilothouse window with fresh water wash.
- Windshields are heavy safety glass.